This is the first of two pages of fire insurance maps of Georgetown. It was created in 1888, revised to 1897, and revised again to 1910. This page concentrates on an area one and a half blocks west from Victoria Street, between Grafton Street and the harbour. See Georgetown Page 2 for the adjacent section. A key plan in the upper right corner provides context. The map shows street names, numbered town blocks and buildings. It indicates the street numbers of buildings and their heights in storeys. The buildings are colour-coded according to construction materials and/or use. A key on the right edge of the map explains the colour coding and symbols (used to depict architectural features). Labels on some buildings indicate their use, eg. General Store, Post Office, Storage, etc. The map shows street widths measured in feet. It states that there are no firefighting appliances and the harbour serves as the water supply. The map shows wharves, with the harbour outlined in blue. The main map and the key plan have compasses with north arrows.