Alberton, Prince Edward Island
This is a fire insurance plan of the town of Alberton concentrating on two blocks of Main Street from Church Street to Argyle Street. A key plan in the lower left corner provides context. The map was created in 1888 and revised to 1910. The map shows streets names, numbered town blocks and buildings. It indicates the street numbers of buildings and their height in storeys. The buildings are colour-coded according to construction materials and/or use. A key on the left edge of the map explains the colour coding and symbols (used to depict architectural features). Labels on some buildings indicate their use, eg. General Store, Post Office, Cobbler, Storage, etc. The map shows street widths measured in feet. It lists firefighting equipment and water sources. Part of Dock Creek is shown. The map and the key plan have compass roses with north arrows.