- Q: What is IslandImagined.ca?
- IslandImagined.ca is a website that tells the story of Prince Edward Island through maps and provides access to cartographic materials (maps, plans, gazetteers, atlases, and books) from the collections of the Public Archives of Prince Edward Island, the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation, and the Robertson Library, University of Prince Edward Island.
- Q: Do Ineed permission to use the content on the IslandImagined website?
- Materials on the IslandImagined.ca website are provided for research, education, and private use only. For all other uses, please contact the contributing institution.
- Q: How was this project funded?
- Project funding was secured through the Archival Community Digitization Program and we acknowledge the financial support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Program. The partners also provided the content, funding, space, equipment, human resources and expertise.
- Q: Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact Donald Moses, IslandImagined Project Manager, for further information.
From the Prince Edward Island Magazine
- Burke, A. E. (1899, October). Jacques Cartier's first voyage and the landing at Cascumpec. Prince Edward Island Magzine. 1(8), 294-298.
- Prince Edward Island in 1765. (1901, June). Prince Edward Island Magazine. 3(4), 121-126.
- Prince Edward Island in 1765 - Continued. (1901, July). Prince Edward Island Magazine. 3(5), 169-172.
From the Island Magazine
- Boylan, J. (2005, Fall/Winter). The Best Laid Plans: Fire Insurance Mapping on Prince Edward Island. Island Magazine. 58, 23-27.
- Coles, A. (1989, Spring/Summer). A Beginner's Guide to Island Land Records. Island Magazine. 25, 35-41.
- Holman, H. T. (1988, Fall/Winter). Panorama for Sale: The Bird's Eye Views of Prince Edward Island. Island Magazine. 24, 14-18.
Douglas, R., & Geographic Board of Canada. (1925). Place-names of Prince Edward Island with meanings. Ottawa: F. A. Acland, Printer to the King.
Rayburn, A., & Canadian Permanent Committee on Geographical Names. (1973). Geographical names of Prince Edward Island. Ottawa: Information Canada.
- Read this item online
Reproduced with the permission of Natural Resources Canada 2010. For research and study purposes only. For all other uses, please contact the rights holders.